Misdemeanor Domestic Violence

Considering the long-term consequences of domestic violence charges, whether at the misdemeanor or felony level, you should speak with an experienced domestic violence lawyer as soon as possible to discuss your legal options. Please contact Matthew R. Hoff to schedule a free initial consultation following an arrest for misdemeanor domestic violence.

Extensive Experience Defending Felony and Misdemeanor Domestic Violence Cases

In many instances of domestic violence, arrests are made based on nothing more than one person’s word against another’s with scant (if any) physical evidence. Moreover, even if there are no injuries, the police still can charge an individual with a domestic violence offense.

Once the Law is Involved, Domestic Violence Charges are No Longer Private

Often the accused is arrested on the spot and taken to jail even if the accuser withdraws their previous statement that lead to the arrest. In spite of the unwillingness by the witness to cooperate, the prosecution will often proceed to trial. This is generally the norm, not the exception. Let me assist you in telling the prosecutor their thinking is flawed.

My Clients’ Best Interests are at the Forefront at This Law Firm

My ability to recognize trends and extrapolate weaknesses in the prosecutor’s case has led to multiple dismissals of felony and misdemeanor domestic violence offenses in the Municipal, District and Superior courts. However, when children are involved, domestic violence issues can quickly become very complicated.

Fight for Your Right to Live in Your Own Home

If you are being unjustly threatened by the courts with forcible removal from your home, we offer aggressive criminal defense designed to help you remain where you belong.

Matthew R. Hoff, Attorney at Law can help you fight your misdemeanor domestic violence case involving allegations of child abuse, spousal abuse, assault and battery and harassment, as well as violations of a no-contact/restraining orders or any other domestic disorderly conduct charge. Please contact our firm by phone or through this web site.